The monthly active user count is an essential metric to consider when deciding on which social media platform is right for your campaign. In a lot of ways, this number equates to the general popularity of a given network and possibly, to a marketing opportunity.
While Facebook’s user count is still towering above the rest—creeping closer to two billion by the day—Instagram comes in second at over 1 billion monthly active users. However, with fewer posts, this mighty runner-up might have less social media noise (information that is useless or not of value) than the other newsfeeds.
Not only does Instagram boast brilliant, visually stimulating content, but their sponsored ads are also seamlessly integrated into the platform, despite the markings of a paid post.
In January, Instagram added immersive, full-screen ads to its “Stories” feature. This content allows businesses to use target marketing that ensures your ads are relevant to the people you’re trying to impact. As of March 1, 2017, businesses of any size can start running these ads! This level playing field explains why just about every brand is starting up an account.
From Monster Corporations to Ma and Pop Shops
- General Electric launched an incredibly successful “superfan” campaign that led to 200 social engagements within 48 hours.
- Madewell uses Instagram as a key marketing platform, amassing an audience of 700,000 followers and 7,000-10,000 likes per post.
- Red Bull has more than 1.2 million followers and their posted content brings in between 30,000 and 40,000 likes.
- Letterfolk, a small business run by a husband and wife team, has 146,000 followers and pulls in over 7,000 likes on most of their pictures.
- Tentsile, a company that sells tree tents, has garnered 167,000 followers and acquires between 3,000 to 5,000 likes a post.
When Your Target Market is 18-29 Year Old Females
If your target market is millennials, then Instagram is a must-have for your marketing ventures. About half of all internet users are young adults between the ages of 18-29 (53% use Instagram ). If you’re looking for even more tailorable statistics for your brand, know that about 55% of these users are female. This means, if you’re target market is females between 18-29, Instagram could be your most valuable social media marketing channel.
6 Ways Micro Influencers/Content Creators Have Taken Over Marketing and Sales:
- Micro influencers are people-focused. Because of this, consumers trust their message over a brand’s.
- Content creators have a clear direction, vision, and strategy.
- Micro influencers are creative leaders—they’re like rocket fuel for original content.
- Content Creators are secret SEO and analytics experts. Remember, they’re looking for more engagement as well, so they’re paying close attention to their metrics.
- Micro influencers are better brand advocates than anyone working in your business. People always trust other people over a company.
- Content Creators appear earlier in the buyer’s journey. Remember, your brand is only one option to choose from. Ensure someone experienced is advocating for it.
No Content? No Problem. Partner With a Micro Influencer
If you’re looking to hone in on your target audience, then partnering with a micro influencer is your best choice. When the partnership is right both contextual and at scale, a micro influencer will create content on the brand’s behalf and then show it to just the right niche.
Micro influencers have thousands of people actively following their posts. Because of this, your brand impressions will skyrocket, however, sometimes the best benefit that comes from partnering with a micro influencer is the trust and loyalty they can build for your brand. Because of the positive connotation with your company, you’re also likely to see a significant increase in your audience’s engagement.
The Instagram Advantage:
- Brands enjoy regular engagement with over 4% of their total followers, as opposed to networks like Facebook or Twitter, where engagement is less than 0.1%.
- 70% of Instagram users report having looked up a brand on the platform
- 62% of users follow a brand on Instagram
- Only 36% percent of marketers use Instagram, compared to 93% of marketers who use Facebook
- Instagram showed a 115% increase in organic marketing reach since 2012, Facebook showed a 63% decline.
- Brands on Facebook Reach 6% on their followers per post. Brands on Instagram reach 100% of their followers per post .
Finding The Right Influencers
The biggest hurdle in creating a successful Instagram presence can be pairing with the right influencer. In order to do so, marketers need to consider context and scale. However, even with this knowledge, it’s difficult to pick the right micro influencer from the thousands that are out there. To save time, money, and a whole lot of heartache, it’s best to find a micro influencer marketing agency. Look for one that has a vigorous vetting process. This way, you can rest assured that only outstanding social media marketers can represent your brand.
ApexDrop has helped thousands of authentic micro influencers connect with quality brands through contextual product gifting (also known as trade collaborations). Imagine having an affordable and easy way to get your products featured by hundreds of influencers immediately on Instagram, but without all the extra work. ApexDrop offers an unparalleled service in campaign management from start to finish and can assure that its clients receive quality posts and authenticity. For more information, schedule a call with an ApexDrop Influencer Specialist today www.apexdrop.com/contact